Fortress Interlocks’ product portfolio includes trapped key interlocks (mGard), heavy duty safety gate switches, with and without guard locking (amGard Pro) and standard duty interlocks with in-built control functionality (tGard). All product ranges are compliant with the latest machinery safety standards and independently approved by TUV.
amGardpro is the ultimate range of safety gate switches, from Fortress Interlocks. With its unrivalled design concept, amGardpro offers a range of fully integrated safety interlocks, including solenoid and non-solenoid safety switches complete with a host of additional options including key control modules, redundant sensors , internal and escape release, lock out/tag out and push buttons, estops and indication lights, all assembled in one device.
- Strongest interlock switch in the world.
- The robust construction of this range makes it ideal for use in a wide range of industrial applications when safety, strength and reliability are of paramount importance.
- Modular design, allowing flexible approach to machine safety, with easy configuration.
- Highest level of actuator mis-alignment on the market.
- TUV approved to PLe.
- Safety key option prevents unexpected startup.
amGard Pro Stainless
amGardS40 is the latest range of safety interlock switches from Fortress Interlocks. The range is supplied in enclosures sealed to IP69K, allowing it to be pressure washed at high temperatures and has a retention force of 10,000N, the greatest on the market, making it ideal for ensuring guard doors are held closed until machines and/or processes are in a safe condition. Each module has a slim body design of 40mm allowing it to easily fit in areas where space is limited. Manufactured in 316 stainless steel, the range is modular in design, allowing safety interlock switches to be configured to suit many industrial applications.
- Solenoid Locking Safety Switches
- Solenoid Locking Safety Switches with internal release
- Solenoid Locking Safety Switches with “safety keys”, for personnel protection
- Solenoid Locking Safety Switches with machine control
- Non Solenoid Tongue Switches with or without machine control
- Mechanical Trapped Key Interlocks
- Machine Control Stations
mGard is the premier range of trapped key interlocks for industrial safety applications, from Fortress Interlocks. Trapped key interlocking, or Castell locking, is a method of controlling two or more independent operations which must take place in a predetermined sequence. The need for this sequence may be for safety of equipment and personnel, or to control processes.
“Trapped Key” works by releasing and trapping keys in a predetermined sequence. Trapped key interlocking apply to all industries where it is essential that all energy sources are isolated before gaining access to machinery. Fortress trapped key interlocking is a tried and tested method of mechanically safeguarding dangerous machines and hazardous processes, making it suitable for use in safety applications up to SIL 3 (EN/IEC 62061), Category 4 and PLe (EN/ISO 13849-1), as approved by independent test house TUV.
- Only trapped key interlock on the market with TUV approval to PLe.
- Widest trapped key interlock range available on the market.
- Trapped key technology offers the lowest cost solution for retrofit.
- The trapped key system removes the need for wiring at the gate.
- Modular design allows multiple logic sequences (e.g. jog control or teach mode).
- All electrical switches have European, Canadian, and North American approvals.
tGard is the newest, innovative approach to controlling access to hazardous machinery and equipment. Its compact, metal bodied system enables the configuration of various safety products including: electrical safety gate switches (with or without guard locking), mechanical trapped key interlocks, and electrical operator controls, as separate devices or integrated into one device.
- Metal body construction, with a plastic price point
- IP65 standard and fully compliant with the new machinery safety standards
- Standard option is customizable. Create your own tailored interlock!
- Stylish design
- A variety of control options
- Easy to install, with only four fixings
- Can be mounted directly onto a flat surface, doors or extruded aluminum profiles